Caring for electrical panels is an important part of conducting proper maintenance on all your electrical work done on a property. The electrical panel or breaker box is the heart of all the electrical for a residential or commercial property. It must remain a priority if you wish to maintain the cost and health of your power supplies, lighting and appliances.
Aside from a yearly inspection from a reliable and reputable electrician, there are other ways to tell if you have electrical problems. If you are aware of the signs showcasing there’s a problem, then you can prevent a worse situation from occurring by calling the professionals right away. Many electricians provide around the clock service for emergencies, but this could cost much more than preventative services.
Signs of a Faulty Electrical Panel
- You find yourself flipping the breaker box back on often
- You may notice that some outlets in the home are overpowered or underpowered
- You see sparks or burn marks coming from outlets or appliances when you go to plug them in
- Excess heat can be felt coming from the breaker box
- Burning smells
- Melted plastic or stripped wires
- You find that it is impossible to reset the breaker box so that it sticks
- Your lights on the property flicker or dim on their own
- Buzzing or crackling sounds
If you happen to notice any of the above electrical issues, contact us to find an electrician right away. You can have somebody set out in no time to inspect the breaker box and all electrical units. They’ll repair, replace or upgrade the electrical panel as needed to assure that the power supplied to your property remains consistent and safe.